By Small and Simple Things are GREAT Things Brought to Pass

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Weird & Responsible

For those of you who know me, know that I am an interesting communicator.  Sometimes I feel like a broken record, unintentionally of course.  For example, I can ask someone how they are doing 10 times before I actually know how they are doing.
"Hey! How are ya doing?"
"Oh good."
"Great! So how are ya doing?"....
It happens more than I'd like it to, and I feel like it's something that won't change for a while to come.  This being said, my position in life makes me communicate more than I'd like to acknowledge.  I end up talking a lot, so things get pretty interesting sometimes.

SUPERVISOR:

As a supervisor to one of the preschool classroom's on campus, I teach a lot not only to adorable children, but to my team as well. There are miles between the two, and I much rather prefer teaching children all day, than have to tell somehow the random sorts of:
Mixing Paint and Soap Together
How to Write a Lesson Plan
Portions Sizes of Snacks
Child Guidance
First Hand Experiences
Play Dough Making
Block Setting Upping
Schedule Promptness
Walkie Talkie Using
Role Modeling
ETC. ETC. ETC.
It's enough to make one winded within the first minutes of orientation, so saying things that make no sense/ beating around the bush type deals happen more often than not.  It's moments like that though that make me want my own "videographer" just to see my silly moments life.  Yesterday would have been ideal in that while I was teaching my 21 children, I mistakenly brought out my surprise box...which only led to a wide-eyed teacher thinking she was gonna get mobbed of her box with friend Mickey in it.  Stampede my friends, stampede.  Hilarious when you are watching, but scary when you have to live it.  :)

RELIEF SOCIETY PRESIDENT:

My newest addition of responsibility comes to my calling in church as a Relief Society President.  Don't worry, I was shocked to.  I must say though that I am really grateful for my opportunity to serve the women in my ward.  I have had 3 Sundays here at college, and I had the blessings of teaching my girls the first Sunday, and again this last Sunday.  You get to experience what it's like only having one hour notice that you will be teaching the lesson that day.  That was fun.  When things like this happen it makes you feel responsible, heart racing, slur your words, and think on your toes type feelings.  My being came out then too, with my "sacramental" words and such.  :)   Of all the things I am in charge of, sometimes I think someone can do it better, communicate better, one who is better organized, but when I think about I try really hard.  I don't have to be perfect at something to accomplish it's purpose.  My communication may be behind, but I hope that beyond that, people see that I love them, bald head and all.  I think in the end people remember your actions of helpfulness, and that your "charity never failed" them.  1 Corinthians 13:8

Relief Society Declaration
We are beloved spirit daughters of God, and our lives have meaning, purpose, and direction.  As a worldwide sisterhood, we are united in our devotion to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar.  We are women of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who:
Increase our testimonies of Jesus Christ through prayer and scripture study.
Seek spiritual strength by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
Dedicate ourselves to strengthening marriages, families, and homes.
Find nobility in motherhood and joy in womanhood.
Delight in service and good works.
Love life and learning.
Stand for truth and righteousness.
Sustain the priesthood as the authority of God on earth.
Rejoice in the blessings of the temple, understand our divine destiny, and strive for exaltation.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, Sophia, I am so happy for you! I know you will be a GREAT Relief Society President! I'm sure it will be such a blessing! You be sure to let me know if you ever need help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel!! It means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete